McKinney Business Fraud Lawyer
The McCraw Law Group represents clients in fiduciary and business fraud litigation before federal and state courts. We have extensive experience in recovering damages and lost profits due to breach of fiduciary duty and wrongful or unfair business practices.
Fiduciaries, whether individuals (such as attorneys, accountants, executors or trustees) or companies (like banks, trust companies or title companies) have a legal duty to fulfill the high degree of trust appointed to them. Many of our business litigation cases involve various forms of theft, deception or misrepresentation, which may be perpetrated by corporate officials, shareholders, business partners, employees, executors, guardians, trustees, or real estate and securities brokers.
If you feel you have been defrauded, it is essential to work with an attorney experienced in these matters. For skilled representation to protect the interests of your company or beneficiaries, please contact our law firm today at 972-854-7900 to arrange a free consultation.
Common Breaches of Fiduciary Duties and Fraud
There are countless ways in which a business representative or agent may enact a breach of trust or engage in a form of self-dealing, including
- Breach of some duties created by contract
- Breach of trust or fiduciary duties imposed on executors, trustees and attorneys by law or contract
- Business fraud
- Conflict of interest
- Deceptive trade practices
- False accounting
- Kickbacks or commercial bribery
- Misappropriation of funds or property
- Tortious interference (intentional unfair competition or unlawful business tactics) with a contract you have/had with another person or business
A Texas Business Litigation Law Firm
We understand that when these concerns are not dealt with efficiently, the ensuing actions can substantially hinder the day-to-day operations of a business and possibly lead to heavy financial loss. A mishandled claim can lead to adversity and damaging outcomes.
In any business fraud case, you need an experienced attorney you can trust to recover losses for you and your business. To prevail on a claim for fraud, we must establish that:
- A false material representation was made to our client by the accused party;
- The accused party knew the representation was false; or, the accused party made the representation recklessly and with no concern for its truth;
- The accused party intended to defraud our client;
- Our client acted with justifiable reliance upon the representation;
- Our client suffered injury or damage as a result of the representation.
To prevail on a claim for breach of fiduciary duty, we must show:
- A fiduciary duty existed between our client and the accused party;
- That duty was breached;
- The breach caused our client injury or damages (or benefit to the accused party).
Our firm has the experience and resources to thoroughly investigate the facts of your case to get to the truth, assemble the evidence and build a rock-solid, compelling case. The McCraw Law Group represents businesses throughout North Texas to ensure that those who abuse the trust placed in them are held accountable for lost profits and other damages.
Contact a McKinney Fiduciary and Business Fraud Lawyer
If you have been a victim of a breach of fiduciary duty or fraudulent business practice, we invite you to contact a business lawyer at McCraw Law Group who can help you protect your rights.
Contact us in McKinney or call (972) 854-7900. The McCraw Law Group has been handling business law cases for over 20 years. When you call on our firm for guidance, you will speak with an experienced Texas trial lawyer who will advise you of your rights and potential remedies. We are here to assist you with any questions you may have about your case.